Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Techorati

"over 175,000 new blogs (that’s just blogs) every day" And just to put that into perspective - I wrote a paper with a student in 2006 on blogging and at that time the "staggering" figures were ..... around 100,000 less per day!!!
In 2006 Sifry’s site tracks 27.2 million blogs and estimates that the “blogosphere” doubles every five and half months, or 75,000 new weblogs are created daily. (Sifry’s Alerts 2006 State of the Blogosphere, February 2006 part 1, http://www.sifry.com/alerts/archives/000419.html (last accessed 29th March 2006).)

Had a peek at the consumerist blog (seemed appropriate - joystiq Hmmmm? - gadget lab [don't have time to learn them {maybe I should make time} .. ] - American thinker ??) - and it was just all too busy and snipped and I clearly need another cup of tea before I do more of this catching up. And the link to the latest in Green - the 3Rs reduce reuse recycle (at least they are saving paper).

So a look at 2009 and the blogosphere -- and professional blogging - brands - and impact on events. Its all pretty cool and clearly growing at a mind boggling pace.

OK more tea and back later.

No comments:

Post a Comment