Ok - so now to assess what I have learned ....
What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
I loved Fickr and got quite lost in that one and will probably continue to use that for personal photo sharing - not quite into the Facebook exposing persona (yet?)
I got quite frustrated with my fabulous text based video that wouldn't run (and still won't after another 2 frustrating hours ..... no "interesting" in that entry! It made a very cute (in) joke about preBoE .... not to worry.
Wiki(s + pedia) - terrific under some conditions have used and likely will use again - not so wild about Google docs ..... I can see a lot of GenY CVs coming out looking awfully alike.
How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
Oh was it meant to? I learned "stuff" I will use - will I put it into my teaching .... some bits and my research .... I already have researched blogs, online ed, technology uptake and dissemination.
Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I think I discovered how private a person I am. Well I kinda knew that .... the whole family Facebook thing that also got started this year kind of got taken over by the family show-offs. You know your are sitting there on Christmas day listening to their XXth story and being very very loud. The rest of us love them dearly but ancient black and white movies have their uses ......
What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
Its pretty neat as a concept - but I imagine that some people might have dropped out because between being an academic and having a family finding time for this was really really tough .... thank goodness there was at least one Sunday of bad movies or I would never have caught up - and I have actually used several apps - so it would have been even tougher if you hadn't done any of them before. Long reflection on - over more time - or in two bites with a break (bit like split block).
If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you again chose to participate?
Yes but I would like it at a different time of year - start in December finish in February ... lots these things were quite entertaining even though it is for education and work sort of stuff - but then being entertaining educators is a good thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment