This is an issue dear to my heart with Wikipedia - not we haven't been plagarising for centuries and truly we get just all too precious about this but .... there is a real problem for Wikipedia with this. I had a big read but while I am concerned and connected I am not really that confident that I have more to say than the people already in the project - so happy to a voyeur for the moment but if I get fired up and go back I will put my tuppence worth in then.
"The project covers all vandalism on Wikipedia. (Vandalism is any addition, removal, or change of content made in a deliberate attempt to compromise the integrity of Wikipedia. - Wikipedia:Vandalism) "
One interesting (there's that word again) fact
How effective are bots in curtailing vandalism? well apparently they are .....
Much less effective than real users, but they can operate for longer periods of time.
Which begs the question ..... back to people for accurate if short term observation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment