If I don't spend most of my life in Wikipedia my kids sure do - it is the basis of schooling these days - when they were at primary school we have even discovered the exact Wikipedia site that the teacher used to form the questions. Not sure that was a good discovery in terms of respect for the teacher but ....
And so you learn something new everyday - one of the most recent articles for Wikipeida was about the North Sea and being completely parochial and partial I thought that would be very very interesting. Interest is becoming the over-used word in this blog - clearly I need to be 'interested' before I engage but in that slef-revelatory diary style I didn't know just how much!! and that wasn't what I learned!! I learned that the North Sea is an epeiric sea -
"An epeiric sea (also known as an epicontinental sea) is a shallow sea that extends over part of a continent" So there you go - the North Sea.
And I was in an active wiki earlier this year as part of the 2nd Transformative Consumer Research conference. It was an invited conference and just inspiring stuff. Its a special interest group from ACR that is growing rapidly - they have a list serv for anyone that is interested and a video from the conference is available at the ACR website. Our section collaborated prior to the conference in a Wiki - introducing ourselves and reading material before we got there - it was terrific and really meant that everyone had the same starting point and could think through how their own research matched up.
OK so now I am up to #16 phew onwards and ever upwards - to #17 alter a wiki
(maybe I can graduate from tea??)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I see that you've got the links working... well done! :-)
ReplyDelete